About the Job
What does it mean to join the leader of a pack? Awesome benefits, great pay, generous retirement? Sure.
But it means something more. It means growing your career at the forefront of one of the coolest industries on the planet.
It means associating with people at the height of their skills - and elevating your own skills to match. It means working within a culture that operates on a simple belief: to bring the best to our customers, we must bring the best people – and demand the best from them.
It means leadership.
Motovicity is the leader in high performance, aftermarket parts distribution for the sport compact, Euro, and modern muscle markets. Located near the heart of the Motor City in Madison Heights, MI, Motovicity distributes the most sought after automotive performance brands to the most revered builders and fastest growing retailers nationwide. It’s a very exciting time for us, and we want your help.
We are currently seeking an experienced Accounting Manager to oversee financial operations of the corporation.
Our Accounting Manager is responsible for the following:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
- Analyze current accounting processes and implement new processes as needed
- Oversee A/P and A/R staff and daily practices
- Handle more complex customer payables and receivables issues
- Interact with other departments on accounting related issues
- Monitor and analyze accounting data
- Oversee staff responsible for the compilation of transactional data for financial statement preparation
- Coordinate and complete internal audits
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Coordinate with outside accountants on financial and tax matters
- Other special accounting related projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – Masters in Accounting preferred
- At least five years of experience as an Accounting Manager. Previous experience completing A/R and A/P processes required.
Required Skills & Proficiency:
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- CRM experience preferred
- Experience with accounting-related software a plus
- Superior communication skills, including formal and informal writing, telephone and public speaking
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work with numbers and pay close attention to detail
We offer the following benefit package to our full time employees:
- Alliance Health PPO and EPO and HAP HMO Medical Plans
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Guardian Dental Plan/Vision Discount Plan
- 401(k) with Company match
- Paid personal time off
- Paid holidays
- Weekly pay
- Employee Assistance Program
- GM Supplier Discount
If you have experience with the above we want to hear from you!
How to Apply:
- Email your resume to email@example.com
- Follow-up with a phone call to Motovicity's Human Resources Representative, Amy Prusaitis, at 248-583-2407
• Post ID: 35825273 detroit