Posted: Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:11 AM
Company Overview 13;
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost:saving solutions. Graingers employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high:performing team, youll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazines Most Admired Companies list.
Position Description 13;
The Senior Administrative Assistant supports 2 District Sales Managers, providing a wide range of administrative support to the team by efficiently and effectively executing department/operational procedures and processes to help meet business objectives in a fast paced environment.
* Respond to requests by gathering and providing information, referring non:routine calls to appropriate staff. Ask probing questions in order to respond effectively.
* Locate and gather information from the appropriate source to assist in resolving business issues. Pursue information that may not be readily available.
* Compose, modify, and proofread correspondence, reports, or presentations from rough drafts, general instruction or based on special knowledge of area and Company.
* Schedule meetings, conference rooms and make travel arrangements as necessary. Oversee calendar, schedule appointments on behalf of manager. Prepare materials needed by manager for meetings and telephone calls.
* Open, sort, prioritize, and distribute all department mail and process outgoing mail. Take action where appropriate.
* Track departmental expenses and resolve/reconcile discrepancies on general ledger budget accounts.
* Monitor and maintain office supply inventory and place orders as needed.
* Prepare personnel, purchasing and other administrative forms for the office and forward for approval and processing.
* Train and assist other Administrative Assistants as needed.
* Compile daily sales detail by seller from SAP and distribute to sales team and management.
* Compile team sales data and complete monthly forecast reports for management.
* Compile team sales activity data and complete weekly pipeline/sales funnel reports.
* Compile and manage weekly/monthly list of all tasks due for team and post task list each week for sales team.
* Manage and maintain sales presentation library and assist sales team with power point presentations.
* Assist with onboarding new sales team members.
Position Requirements: 13;
High School diploma or equivalent, and three to five years of secretarial experience. Degree preferred.
* Ability to type 50 WPM and proficiently use Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Able to learn and use other software as needed.
* Requires a thorough understanding of department, as well as its relationships within the Company.
* Conveys essential information clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally. Uses active listening skills while sharing information.
* Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects and priorities, yet be responsive to changes in those priorities. Demonstrate effective analytical skills to handle routine situations.
* Possess good attention to detail and the ability to proofread documents for correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
* High proficiency with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
* Experience with sales force automation tools helpful.
* Travel 10
EEOC Statement 13;
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religi
• Location: Detroit
• Post ID: 28864950 detroit