Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 10:01 PM
Company Overview 13;
E and R Industrial, a wholly owned subsidiary of Grainger, is an innovative, full:line industrial supply distributor committed to brand name quality products, competitive prices, and on:time delivery. As a regional distributor of MRO products, including a deep portfolio of metalworking/cutting tool products and solutions, E and R provides outstanding product and technical expertise to the manufacturing industrial sector. The dedicated staff of professionals are proactive in creating cost effective solutions designed to meet and exceed the demands of our valued customers. As part of a high:performing team, youll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference with the manufacturing customers we do not have today and those that we both service. Grainger is a recognized Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazines Most Admired Companies list and an equal opportunity employer.
Position Description 13;
The Executive staff for E and R Industrial is in need of an Executive Assistant who is a business partner with excellent organizational skills and who can proactively identify opportunities and offer solutions. The ideal candidate will enjoy managing multiple priorities and problem solving to ensure the VP successfully meets the needs of the business.
* Works under minimal direction, performing most duties following a broad framework of policy, procedure and the executives needs.
* Schedule meetings, conference rooms and make travel arrangements as needed. This includes overseeing the executives calendar and scheduling appointments by balancing priorities and effectively negotiating with internal resources. Anticipate and prepare materials needed by executive for meetings and telephone calls.
* Respond to requests (phone, e:mail, in:person requests, etc.) by gathering and providing information, referring non:routine calls to appropriate staff.
* Locate and gather highly confidential and sensitive information from the appropriate source to assist in resolving business issues.
* Compose, modify, and proofread correspondence, reports or presentations/newsletters from general instruction or based on special knowledge of the area and Company.
* Proactively develop relationships with key internal/external client contacts, gaining recognition as a team resource.
* Help with project plans for small project teams, in local and virtual team settings
* Effectively manage conflicting priorities. This involves organizing workflow and teaming with colleagues to accomplish tasks and balance workloads
* Develop and demonstrate a solid working knowledge of the businesss structure, tools, policies and procedures and key personnel.
* Deal with a diverse group of internal and external contacts to relay executives instructions, gather information or handle non:routine situations. Follow up with executive staff on items/issues to ensure executive is aware of status.
Compose, modify, and proofread correspondence, reports, and presentations based on input from Executive team
Possess a thorough knowledge of business operations, organizations and relationships throughout the company.
Position Requirements: 13;
* Minimum of 3:5 years experience in a Sr Administrative Assistant or similar role
* High School diploma or equivalent experience. Bachelor degree preferred.
* Minimal travel is required.
* Previous experience supporting multiple executives is preferred.
* Possess a detailed knowledge of business operations, organizations and relationships involved at top management levels. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of department and appropriate Company policies, procedures and operations.
* Ability to type 50 WPM and proficiently use Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Learn and use other software as needed.
* Convey essential information clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally.
• Location: Detroit, sterling heights
• Post ID: 34793068 detroit