Paramedic Operations Manager - Relocate to Cheyenne WY - American Medical Response (Detroit, MI)
SUMMARY:The Operations Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day operations including facilitation of internal communication between field staff and management, outside agency interface, system status monitoring, facilitating short-term scheduling needs, equipment and supply maintenance, as well as other operational support functions as assigned by the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigate accidents and major incidents to gather information, resolve issues, and communicate findings.
- Coordinate operations during times of disaster.
- Gather information from customers regarding issues and problems, document complaints, and work with others for resolution to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide appropriate resources to debrief care-giving personnel (SST s, Paramedics and EMT's) after particularly critical incidents (Critical Incident Stress Debriefing).
- Schedule crews to staff units, including re-scheduling for employees on sick leave, and ensures crews are on the street at the beginning of their shifts.
- Function as a crew Paramedic or EMT.
- Manage the storage, distribution and collection of narcotics.
- Provide support and assistance to the field personnel to help them achieve maximum performance.
- Provide daily direction and clarity of expectations to field personnel.
- Collect information, conduct meetings and resolve issues with regard to employee problems, issues and concerns.
- Coach employees to perform at their highest levels and provide performance feedback.
- Assist employees in career planning.
- Provide support to crews by acquiring needed resources.
- Participate in the resolution of union or non-union grievances and administer the corrective action process.
- Communicate AMR information to field employees clearly, gather information from the field regarding company issues, and report and help resolve field-management issues.
- Partner with human resources to ensure the availability of employee counseling as necessary.
- Identify needs and support continuous improvement in employee development through training.
- Participate in orientation of new employees.
- Administer company policies and procedures, as well as employment law in a consistent manner.
- Interact daily with fire, police, hospital, physician group, nursing homes and other service providers regarding the integration and delivery of services and to manage the AMR image with facilities.
- Participate in community service to enhance the image of the company.
- Identify customer processes that lead to enhancements of service.
- Supervise the daily operations of the field.
- Collect paperwork and generate reports for management.
- Assist crews in stocking trucks/units.
- Ensure unit readiness by managing the fleet and materials.
- Ensure PCR s and other field paperwork is 100% reconciled daily in conjunction with the PCR processing.
- Ensure 100% of operational response exceptions are brought to closure with appropriate action.
- Responsible for complying with all local, state, and federal employment laws and company policies. (i.e., Americans with Disability Act, Affirmative Action Plan, etc.)
- Responsible for supervising, directing and developing subordinates, including completing performance reviews, counseling sessions, etc.
- May be responsible for developing and maintaining department budgets.
- Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as required.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform other duties required.
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum of one year of Paramedic field experience required.
Current CPR, PHLS and ACLS certification required.
Must be able to function as a field paramedic/EMT performing direct ALS patient care activities.
Must be able to drive an ambulance and have a driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability
Effective oral, written and Interpersonal communication skills.
Past supervisory experience
Basic financial understanding.
Trainer, instructor as well as Communications Center experience.
Familiarity with computers: spreadsheets, databases, and word processors
MicroSoft office experience and advanced education preferred
Thorough knowledge of system status management.
Associated topics: emergency department, emergency room, emt, emt b, emt basic, emt i, life, technician, technician ii, transport
• Post ID: 47466572 detroit