RN-Surgical Services / Surgery/ St John Macomb Hospital-Warren / FT Midnights - St. John Providence,
Job ID: 144588
RN-Surgical Services / Surgery/ St John Macomb Hospital-Warren / FT Midnights
Additional Job Information
Title: RN-Surgical Services
City, State: Warren,MI
Location: St John Macomb Hospital
Department: Surgery 001
Additional Job Details: FT Rotating
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
The RN-Surgical Services delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Displays ability to perform unit-specific skills based on unit competency validation process and department-required certifications, to be required within department scope.
- Provides leadership to health care team including orientation, delegating work assignments, charge RN and other leadership responsibilities as assigned.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization's core values and nursing mission, vision, and philosophy through active involvement in the quality improvement process.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Healthcare Provider certification required. Only current American Heart Association BLS/HCP, or the equivalent American Red Cross (ARC), CPR for Professional Rescuers, card-validated training will be accepted upon hire.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- 1 year of relevant experience preferred.
How To Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, ccu, coronary, intensive care, mhb, neonatal, nurse rn, psychiatric, registed
• Post ID: 42101647 detroit